Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Extended Family | A Whole Lot of Babies!

In the past 7 months, all 4 of my sisters (and myself!) have had a baby. Yes, that means all 5 of us were pregnant at the same time. Very, very unusual and very fun. Global TV even did a story on us for the news, it was pretty cool! As soon as the youngest one was born, we took some extended family photos. It was pretty tricky managing 11 kids with 5 of them being 6 months and under. Oh, and add in that we were doing our own extended family photos AND our 2 boys are monkeys AND everyone needed to feed their baby at some point.

It's sad to think that my mom only got to meet Annika, the oldest granddaughter, as my mom passed away just 3 months later (I was 6 months pregnant with Kai). However, we are thankful that we have a whole lot of family to help provide love and support as we are all immersed in this amazing parenting journey.

Enjoy!




{The picture below makes me laugh...check out my boys holding the Chapman sign. That's our reality!}

{My dad and his wife Joanne, aka Nana Jo, with all the `big kids'}
{Ya, there was no way that this picture, below, was going to work at all!}
{Above, my dad with his namesake Jack. We call him Little Jack. Our little Nya's middle name is Greta which was my mom's name. It's funny when we see Jack and `Greta' together:)}


Yay for family:) We are all so incredibly thankful for our kids and for each other.

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

These pictures are really great. Some unique combinations and just overall, really fantastic!!! :)

Carol said...

I think you did a great job on the extended family photos! What a unique situation you had with all the sisters having babies within 6 months of each other.

Lindsay said...

I just LOVE these! Even the 'outtakes' are just awesome! What a beautiful and big family you have!

Haley said...

What great photos! Beautiful babies. My favourite shots are always the ones with squirmy kids looking in 10 different direction :)

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous Dekens extended family. It will be so special to have these to look back on :)