Thursday, August 9, 2012

Alex & Alison | Deer Lake Wedding Photos

I was so happy to be part of Alison and Alex's wedding day. They are a super easy going couple and I knew them both beforehand (and the whole wedding party too!). I taught them both years ago and have run into them at a wedding or two in the past few years:)

The day started out with a whole lot of rain and so our plans to do photos at Queen Elizabeth Park quickly changed to Deer Lake Park. However, during the photos, the rain held off and we were all so thankful!

A big thanks again to Frances of Frances Eden Creative for second shooting the portraits and ceremony with Gary.

I met the girls at Alison's parents place in the morning. The bathroom was abuzz with activity as there were seven girls in there doing each other's hair and getting ready!


{Alison had a gift for everyone in her family. So thoughtful and personal. Apparently her little brother really likes `Gushers':)}



{The guys then arrived so that Alex and Alison could have their `First Look' as we were doing their photos before the ceremony. I love how the guys always struggle with their suits/ties/boutonnieres etc:)}



{After the `First Look' they had the rest of the their portraits done but I'll save that for after the ceremony...}

{The ceremony was at New Westminster CRC, just like the wedding before this one. What bride doesn't want a fudgesicle before walking down the aisle?!}







{There were fudgesicles and creamsicles for all the guests as they waited in the receiving line. So yummy!}
{And here are the photos taken at Deer Lake Park...}









{I can't tell you how many photos there were of the guys being hilarious/silly/ridiculous but I will tell you that there are a lot!}



{And then it was off the reception at the gorgeous Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club}





{The bridesmaids had a pretty cool compilation of songs which made for some great entertainment. If you're wondering about the photos above, Alison is afraid of bugs:)}

What an awesome day!! Congratulations Alison and Alex! Alex thank you for entertaining me while editing all those photos, I never knew what to expect from you in each one:) Thank you for having us be part of your day and all the best to you as husband and wife!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I was going to say how much I love the bridesmaid dresses, but then I also really love the men's outfits, and then I also really liked the bride's dress, too! So ... they all looked great!

Julia said...

Its so great to see all the pictures and memories come rushing back about each laugh, joke and fun moment we all had. Thanks for doing an amazing photographing job!