Thursday, September 9, 2010

Makayla's Cupcake Smash | First Birthday

I met this lovely family when they had a session on Father's Day. Mom, Chelsea, had asked about doing a cake smash for Makayla's first birthday and I said I would LOVE to! I've never done one and it was a lot of fun. I am now kind of sad that I never did it with my own boys. I think I will be letting my son have one for his second birthday:) It was just a mini session (less than half an hour) and Makayla did a fabulous job eating her cake like a lady! Just think of all the fun things you could add as variations...bubbles, balloons, birthday hats...the possibilities are endless!! There were a ton of pictures but I will just show you a few of them here.
{Cutest shoes and tutu!! Now, for the actual (Cup)Cake Smash. I'll tell ya, I sure was hungry editing these photos!}

{Makayla needed a little help from mom and dad to actually do more than just dip her finger in the top. She was so sweet:) I love the little purple icing footprints in the last picture. She kept trying to run off of the background and no one really wanted to grab her because she was covered in icing! Thank you for suggesting the Cake Smash, it was a lot of fun and something I may need to do more of!}

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!

megan edelman photography said...

I love this ...SO much! Wish I could have done these for my girls :( Great icing color too :)