Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Kai Bear | Back To School Session

This year is a big year. My oldest son, Kai, has started kindergarten! He loves school and I'm so happy for him. My sister in law gave us this beautiful desk the other day and I knew we had to use it for a photo session. Being that the weather outlook isn't looking so good, I decided at dinner time tonight that we would do photos right afterwards and everyone cooperated (Gary included:)). This is what we got in our five minutes out there...not bad!
{Kai loves reading `Tin Tin' with Gary every night and that is what he's reading above. The photo below is him actually laughing (I know it looks like a yawn but it's his super excited face) about Tin Tin. He thinks it's hilarious with all the `Great Snakes!' or `Blistering Barnacles!'. I don't get it.}
{To get him to smile below, I may have said, `Mario farted.'. He's a big Mario Kart fan.}

Kai Bear, we love you so much!! Thank you for letting me take your picture all the time, you'll appreciate it one day?!

It was so fun to just be able to focus attention on him, to be outside, and to have a sort of styled session. I would love to do a tea party or picnic with a group of little kids too...hopefully the sun returns!

13 comments:

Lynn Webb said...

Love the photos.. its so creative! Kai's a cutey :)

Lindsay said...

I really love this. The tie? Adorable. I also love him laughing :)

rachel joy said...

GREAT idea! Very sweet post. I've never seen back-to-school pics like that. :)

Nancy Anderson said...

Fabulous photos Louise- love them!

Lisa Seyfried said...

Love them! Just visiting my parents and was showing my mom too!

Maria said...

I had noticed Gary was taking out the TinTin books, that is so great that Gary is reading them to Kai. My Dad would always read TinTin and Astrix to my brothers in the evening. I think it's awesome when Dads read to their kids regularly! :)

kelly ens said...

SO fantastic, Louise :) Very cute 5-minute session!

megan edelman photography said...

Absolutely fantastic...I loved this :)

Carol said...

Very cute! My boys liked Tin Tin - we have the Dvd's too.

Heidi said...

what a great idea! those are fantastic!

Thompson said...

I love how you had to say Mario farted:) Very cute!

Terri said...

These are fabulous photos!!!

Estelle said...

I love, love these photos.