Thursday, February 28, 2013

The D Family | Derby Reach Family Session

I would say that the one day in an entire week where it did not rain was the day we had this session!  So awesome.  It was really fun to take photos of `big' kids for a change...you know, when I don't have to make funny sounds and sing in my VERY terrible voice.  Being one of 5 girls, there is something special about an all girl family.  They got along so well!  Maybe they don't all the time, but wow, so nice to see.  Can't say that we were as affectionate growing up:)  

Sylvia is a colleague of Gary's and my first memory of her was actually 22 years ago!  I was in grade 8 and we were biking the Sunshine Coast to raise money for bleachers for our school.  I'm pretty sure I was the slowest biker (it may have helped to have practiced?!) and Sylvia was a young teacher on the trip and she stayed back with me.  Thank you, Sylvia!

It was pretty windy and cold but you can't even tell.  We started out at Derby Reach Heritage Site and then went to the entrance of Bedford Landing, I love that brick wall!  Without further ado, here are some pictures of this lovely family!   It's been a while since they have had family photos so we made sure to get a lot of different ones that are definitely keepers!   Enjoy.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

That wall really is fabulous!!

Carol said...

So fun to see a family session again! These are great!

kelly ens said...

so lovely! I have to get to that brick wall next time :)