Friday, December 9, 2011

Renee & David | Engagement Session

I had such a good time on this engagement session. Mostly because it was a great time to catch up with Renee and get to know her fiance, David (who is also a photographer!). I taught Renee back when she was in grade 8 and this group was a special one to me as I've known them the longest and they were so welcoming to me as I came in halfway through the year. That year was also when Gary and I got married:)

David and Renee have been dating for 4 years and the proposal was totally unexpected (which I love!). These two enjoy playing crib together and so at the end of a long day, they had dinner and then David suggested playing a game of crib. David dealt the cards and went to the cupboard to get a `drink' (the ring!). Renee may have seen the ring before she saw the hand she was dealt so David told her to look at her cards...
{I love the originality of that proposal! It sounds like Renee was pretty shocked:)}




{After an outfit change, we walked over the bridge to Brae Island. I know now that I don't have to worry about Renee complaining that it's too cold on her wedding day, she is a tough girl.}



Renee and David, it was so great to spend time with you as a couple. You two are so comfortable with each other and I can see that you work well as a team. I have a feeling that all this wedding planning is going to be just fine as you are super organized:) Looking forward to your fall wedding in 2012!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

I'm impressed with the proposal and her outfit choice for the temperature it was. indeed, she must be tough! great pictures :)

Renee Gerber said...

Horray! Thank you so much, we love the photos/post!!!

<3 Renee & David

Carol said...

Great photos and Renee will certainly be a beautiful bride - love her smile!