Thursday, January 21, 2010

Baby Jonah Kristopher

What a wonderful morning! Kathryn was 8 days overdue and was induced at 9am. I got a text at 11am saying that she was 8cm dilated! I quickly found a babysitter for the boys and went to the hospital just in time. Her total time for all labouring and delivery was just 3 hours! Kris and Kathryn were such a fabulous team and have added a very cute bundle to their family. Here are some pictures of them meeting beautiful baby Jonah and his very first hour of life! Check out Kris' face on the left...that's him seeing Jonah for the first time. I love taking candid shots and Kathryn didn't even realize I was there until about 15 minutes after he was born. Congratulations you guys! Oh ya, he was 7lbs 14oz and did I mention that he was ADORABLE?! I even got a chance to hold him:)




13 comments:

melissa v. said...

SO CUTE!!! It TOTALLY makes me want another baby!!!! Congrats to the family!!! Great photos, Wheezer!

Dana said...

Congrats to the family! He is totally adorable. Louise, you did a wonderful job of capturing the moments and the emotion!

kelly ens said...

these are amazing!! I just finished telling my hubby that I wished we had done something like this with our second-born (though first born was beautiful, the process--and i--were nowhere CLOSE to being a nice thing to capture).
such precious moments - Kris' face when he first sees his son is just fantastic!

Rachel said...

beautiful baby and photos!

Jackie said...

I love the first photo on the left - of Chris' absolutely joyful face, full of awe and excitement - what an awesome moment to capture! :)

Thompson said...

Yes, the moment when he first saw his son - wow. Give me chills. Very exciting. Curly little hair on that little guy.

Lindsay said...

Love these! Great job!

Ashley said...

Those are amazing. I felt all teary as I scrolled through them. I just LOVE that just born experience. He is very cute!

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Wowzers... awesome photos!

megan edelman photography said...

breathtaking louise! absolutely beautiful photos of a life changing moment!

J. Evan Kreider said...

Congratulations to the happy family. Wonderful pictures. Somebody understands both people and photography.

Unknown said...

these are awesome!

Kathryn said...

I can't thank you enough, Louise, for capturing Jonah's entry into this world so incredibly beautifully. We will cherish these photos forever, and the slide show continues to bring tears again and again! I will recommend your artistry and phenomenal gifts to anyone and everyone--thank you, thank you for a beautiful rendering of a day that changed our lives. And thanks to the "commentators" for the congratulations, we're so grateful for the well wishes.